One of the most tedious parts of making applications. I long to find a good GUI toolkit that is minimal and featureful. Some existing options are:
- GTK: When using this, I’ve had some issues in the past, mostly warnings appearing on the terminal for no reason.
- QT: Problematic for non open source projects, but powerful option.
- WxWidgets: Used this one on a couple of projects, one in C++ and also with the Python bindings. Gets the job done, but seems a bit convoluted for my liking.
- EFL: Originally designed to work with Elementary OS, a window manager that I used to use when I was getting into Linux during my teenage years. I haven’t tried it yet, but looks very promising! It promises a small memory footprint and greater speed and efficiency.
- NCURSES: I don’t know if calling this a GUI is appropriate, as it is more of a TUI (Terminal User Interface). Probably this would be my options if the application was going to be terminal based.